It becomes a big decision in choosing services for house cleaning. As this is what you are doing so you need to treat the process like an interview. To enter your most private and intimate space and to work with your most valuable possessions is for what you are hiring an individual or house cleaning services.
You need to evaluate the overall experience that your house cleaning or rubbish removal services provider can offer you and you also need to look at more than the cost per visit. Make a choice that meets your individual needs and also make sure that you take the time to evaluate your house cleaning provider.
Making sure that your house cleaning service provider is bonded and insured
This is a question which is most vital to ask. In most cases only up to $10,000 while your property insurance does extend some protection to you against an individual being hurt on your property. Insurance should be carried by a professional home cleaner who would help you to mitigate your risks as in most cases that might not be enough.
At the minimum they should have:
- A general liability policy
- Workman’s compensation
- Full coverage auto
Workman’s compensation is the one that you really need to think about and this is the one that could be the most expensive. You could be on the hook to not only pay for injuries if someone gets hurt but also the lost wages as long as they are unable to work. A good service provider will provide copies of coverage upon request as hiring a house cleaner should be hassle-free.
Against the acts of dishonesty by the service provider and those in their employ, bonding is a guarantee. A good provider will have this coverage and would meet the steps required to keep this coverage in force while these types of bonds are not typically worth the paper they are written on. They also have a theft and loss prevention policy in place and they are more likely to screen their employees thoroughly.
Will they offer a guarantee?
There is no formal written guarantee of any kind with the most service providers. But a good company will. It should be at the very least being accessible from their website once you ask for a copy of their guarantee. If you contact the provider within a specified time frame which is usually 24 hours, a strong guarantee will provide you with a thorough clean of items found to be deficient in your scheduled cleaning.
Reasons behind a scheduled cleaning:
When hiring a house cleaning service there are many advantages of a scheduled cleaning:
- For a busy schedule, this is perfect. When you have a busy schedule, hiring a house cleaner is the best solution. You will not have to worry about it as such a service will clean your home.
- You can focus on other things. On the other important aspects of your life booking a scheduled cleaning will allow you to focus instead of worrying about the cleaning itself.
- You enter a home in a much cleaner way. Your house is made much more relaxing and aesthetically pleasing and this also makes your life a more enjoyable one.
- Regular cleaning ensured by the contractor. You get a regular home cleaning usually at a specific rate when you hire a house cleaning service and sign a contract.
- They are easy to find. As there are many cleaning contractors in the area, finding a home cleaner is much easier.
- Trusting their experience. A great deal of experience in the cleaning industry is what a pro house cleaner can offer and these results to amazing services.
- Trusting their expertise. Because of the extensive training on how to use cleaning equipment and solutions properly, most cleaning pros are experts at what they do.
The types of cleaning solutions they offer
You need to ensure that your cleaning company provides all of the best cleaning solutions, supplies, vacuum, and everything. If you run out of something you are not running around looking for supplies this way. You want a transparent experience that is hassle-free as the point here is. Also, know about the cross contamination policies.
The color coding and policies are all in place that avoids contaminating the clean surfaces and this is what a good cleaning service will have.
With the cleaning solutions that are used also ask if your service provider will “go green”. There are much better options than traditional bleach, ammonia, and various petrochemicals are used. So, demand the one which is better.
How would you screen people who are cleaning your home?
For hiring new people, a good company will have a process. With an application, a phone interview, and a finally in-person interview is what included in the process. It is mandatory for a reference check and prior employment verification. It should also be conducted for the federal and local background.
How much will they charge?
For your initial cleaning and for the ongoing service, ask for a quote. You both are on the same page with this. You will also be provided with a place to verify what is included in your cleaning service by a service provider.